Roulette is a great casino game that offers you many different games and payouts. As in all other games, there is no guarantee of 100% profit, but of course, if you know the odds are several times higher. This is very important for beginners, because your chances depend on how much you know the options and what kind of strategy you play.
On this page, you can find the most important information and rules. They are universal whether you play in a traditional or online casino. If you are a beginner we recommend you to try the online casinos where you can play roulette for free until you learn. You will need to practice, to get the basic mechanics of this casino game. After you know what are the possibilities to bet, then you can start to play for real money.
How to play roulette?
Roulette is a game with simple rules. You can find it in all online casinos in Nigeria with a variety of software providers or live dealers. It’s a good idea to choose one of the casinos we recommend on the site. You will be in good and safe hands, followed by great fun and a fair chance of winning.
The basic roulette principles are straightforward and can be learned within 30 seconds. All you have to do is place a wager, spin the wheel, and hope for a winning combination. So, to play online roulette just go to your casino account and find the roulette game you want to play. Remember, there are many different roulette variations and on this page, you can also learn which variants are the most popular.
Once you have chosen the game. choose the bet amount and place the bet on the table. There are different types of bets, and you can read more about them below. Once the bet is on the table, you can spin the wheel and wait for the ball to land. If the ball lands on a number or colour that you put a bet on you win, and if not you lose.
Types of roulette bets
The roulette table is the one where you place the bets. When playing online roulette you have to place the chips on the roulette table before you can spin the roulette wheel. There are two different types of bets, inside bets and outside bets. The terms “inside” and “outside” refer to where the bets are placed on the roulette table. Bets on the numbers are referred to as “inside,” whereas bets on other sections of the roulette table are referred to as “outside.”
Inside Bets and Payouts
You can bet on a single number or a set of numbers with an inside bet. There are a variety of inside bets to choose from, and the most common ones are listed below.
- Straight-up bet – placing a wager on only one of the wheel’s numbers. You win if the ball lands on that number. Each straight-up wager is worth 35:1.
- Split number – A bet between two neighboring numbers, whether horizontally or vertically, is known as a split number. In practice, you lay the chip in between those numbers, and if the ball lands on any of them, you win. A split bet has a 17:1 payout.
- Corner bet – The corner bet is similar to the split bet, except that instead of two numbers, you wager on four. The four numbers must “touch,” that is, they must form a square on the roulette table. This bet pays off at an 8:1 ratio.
- Street bet – You can place a bet on an entire horizontal row of three numbers, known as a street bet. For instance, 1, 2, and 3; or 4, 5, and 6; and so on. Your payout is 11:1 if the ball lands on any of these numbers.
- Line bet – A line bet is similar to a street bet, except it involves betting on two rows of three numbers. The numbers must be arranged in two rows, for example, 1-6 or 4-9. The payout is 5:1 if the ball lands on any of these 6 digits.
- Basket bet – A basket bet is a wager made on the numbers 0-1-2-3. If you bet on any of the first four numbers and the ball lands on any of them, you’ll get a 6:1 payout.
Outside Bets and Payouts
Outside bets are those that you place on the sides of the main table. By putting outside bets, you are not only betting on numbers, but also on colour, column, and other factors. Outside bets have lower payouts, but they are a less risky option to win.
- Bet on color – When you choose to wager on red or black, you are making a bet on color. This means that regardless of the number the ball lands on, if the color of the pocket matches the color of your wager, you win. The odds are 1 to 1.
- Bet on even/odd – You can bet on whether the ball will land on an even or odd number by betting on even/odd. If you win, you will receive a 1:1 reward.
- Bet on high/low – the numbers 1-18 are regarded “low,” while the numbers 19-36 are called “high.” You’re betting on whether the ball will land on a low or high number with this wager. The payoff is 1:1.
- Column bet – You can wager on any column with twelve numbers because the roulette table contains three columns, each with twelve numbers. If the ball lands on any of the numbers in that column, the payout is 2:1.
- Bet on dozens – This bet consists of twelve numbers that must be drawn in a specific order. You can, for example, wager on the first twelve numbers (1-12), the second twelve numbers (13-24), and the third twelve numbers (25-36). (25-36). Each dozen pays out at a rate of 2:1.
The most common roulette variations
Roulette today comes in many varieties, depending on the casino or its offer. The most common are three variants and they are also the most popular:
- American roulette
- European roulette
- French roulette
In some casinos, you can also find an American version of roulette. The main difference between the American roulette and the other two is the numbering. In addition to the regular 36 numbers and zero, there is a “double zero” pocket. And this pocket is likely to increase the advantage of the casino. That is one of the reasons why we do not recommend this variation of roulette.
The European roulette has a total of 37 pockets, ranging from 0 (including zero) to 36. The numbers 1 through 36 are red and black, while the zero is green. The European roulette is based on the French roulette, so they’re similar variations with a few differences, with the main one being that the French roulette is in French.
This is the most traditional variant of roulette as it is believed that the roulette originated in France in the 18th century. This roulette wheel has 37 pockets, the same as the European roulette wheel. The difference between these two is the layout of the table which is a bit different. Another difference is that the French roulette has a couple of additional rules that affect the odds and payouts.
“La Partage,” which means “to share,” is the first additional rule in French Roulette. When you place an outside bet and the ball lands on zero, you get half your stake back, which is a significant benefit for players.
The other additional rule is “En Prison,” which states that if you place an outside wager and the ball lands on zero, you have the option of receiving half of your stake back (La Partage) or placing another bet.
Roulette limit and payment
The rules for each roulette table determine the maximum amount and the minimum amount. Each table in the casino has its own limits, such as how much to lose and how much to gain. The difference between these two values is usually enormous. Always look at the limits of that table before playing, it will help you choose the right strategy.
Given the complexity of mathematics, roulette has always attracted mathematicians and analysts. Roulette is constantly looking for strategies that guarantee 100% success. So far no one has succeeded, but many have come very close. While there is no guarantee of 100% success, some strategies are more profitable than others.
There are many theories about how to win with a specific strategy. The Martingale strategy is the most well-known. In other words, the method doubles your bets every time you lose, increasing your chances of a large victory. Based on probability theory, the Martingale formula asserts that after a specific number of rounds, the likelihood increases and that after many lost rounds, you will win one and recoup your losses.
Players that use this technique encourage you to be patient and keep doubling your stakes even if you’ve lost a lot because the formula has demonstrated that you can eventually win back your bets and make some money.
Reverse Martingale Strategy
As the name implies, the Reverse Martingale Method is the opposite of the Martingale strategy we just discussed. This means that instead of doubling your bet after a loss, you double your bet after a win. This helps in making a profit and minimizing losses. It is a given that the players will never lose more than their initial investment. The Reverse Martingale Strategy is a little safer than the traditional one, which is why it can be used by players who don’t have a lot of money to play with.
When playing even money bets like high/low, even/odd, or red/black, the D’Alembert method works well. It’s a low-risk strategy, so you might not win or lose much, but you should consider how much you’re willing to lose before adopting a strategy.
With this approach, your next bet is determined by the outcome of the previous one, but the increase or decrease is always by one. If you win, for example, you reduce your bet by one. When you lose, increase your wager by one. If you win as many bets as you lose, your profit will be equal to the number of bets you won.
This roulette strategy is based on the well-known Fibonacci number sequence, in which the next number equals the sum of the two previous ones, beginning with 1. So, 1 – 1 – 2 – 3 – 5 – 8 – 13 – 21 – 34 – 55 – 89 – 144 – 233 – 377 – 610 – 987, etc. is the sequence. This method is also utilized when betting on colour, even/odd, or high/low, all of which have a 50:50 probability of winning.
When you lose, you should increase your stake by the next number in the sequence, according to this technique. When you win a wager, you should move two numbers back in the sequence. This is one of the safest strategies, but it will not gain you a lot of money.
How to win at roulette?
To have the chance to win at roulette you need practice and luck. Applying strategies are more about minimizing your losses, than increasing the chances to win. The numbers will always be random, but you will have an advantage if you understand the laws and odds in depth. We recommend playing a lot of free roulette games before wagering real money. One of the best Nigerian online casinos with the highest number of roulette variants is 22Bet Nigeria.
Although roulette is a game of chance, high-risk single number bets payout better than group or combination bets, and you can make a lot of money playing them. Single pockets, for example, payout 35/1, so if your single number is the winner, you can expect a substantial payout. Of course, winning big is only possible if you’re playing real money online roulette or a live casino game.
On the other hand, even-money wagers are the safest bets in roulette. Red/black, odd/even, and 1-18/19-36 bets all have 1:1 odds and payout the same amount as the stake. For this reason, the majority of well-known roulette strategies concentrate on even-money bets. Even odds have one disadvantage: they provide the lowest payout on the roulette wheel and are less entertaining.
Tips on how to play online roulette
When you’ve learned everything there is to know about roulette and are ready to play, we’ll give you some pointers.
- Before you start playing, set a betting limit for yourself.
- Only bet at the most reliable online casinos in Nigeria
- Choose a roulette betting strategy from the list above.
- Before betting real money, try to play roulette for free
- Don’t try to find patterns in the winning numbers